How long does a JBL Speaker take to charge? As much as we want them to last a lifetime on a single charge, JBL needs to be frequently recharged to keep the party going. All JBL models are equipped with powerful, long-lasting batteries with adequate runtimes. With that said, each speaker model produced by JBL may have a varying recharge time depending on their size.
Everyone agrees that JBL sounds amazingly good, so the battery will get low all thanks to its superior performance. Hence, aspiring users need to know how long it will take to charge and the estimated charging time for popular JBL models.
How Long Does a JBL Speaker Take to Charge?
Generally, JBL speakers take anywhere between 3-8 hours to charge. Some bigger, party JBL speakers may take more time to charge as they usually have a runtime of 20 or more hours.
Plus, the time it takes to charge depends on the size of the battery and the power source. On average, the majority of speakers operating on lithium-ion batteries take about 4 hours to charge.
Smaller, ultra-portable JBL speakers need to be more frequently recharged, usually taking 2 to 3 hours to charge. Similar to charging time, the battery life also varies for each JBL speaker model. These speakers generally last a few hours to around 20 hours on a single charge.
Charging Time of Popular JBL Speaker Models
Have a look at the charging time of some of the popular JBL models
- JBL Charge 4 – JBL Charge 4 is equipped with a 7500 mAh rechargeable battery and takes about 4-4.5 hours to charge.
- JBL Boombox – JBL Boombox comes with a high-capacity 20000 mAh battery that takes 6.5 hours to recharge and gives 24 hours of playtime.
- JBL Clip 2 – The in-built lithium-ion battery of JBL Clip 2 has a runtime of 8 hours and takes 2.5 hours to charge.
- JBL Clip 3 & 4 – JBL Clip 3 and 4 have nearly similar charging times. It takes two to three hours for these speakers to charge.
- JBL PartyBox 310 – JBL PartyBox 310 takes 3.5 hours to charge and plays music non-stop for 18 hours.
- JBL PartyBox Encore Essential – Similar to JBL PartyBox 310, it takes 3.5 hours to charge, however, lasts only 6 hours of playtime.
Expert Tips For Charging JBL Speakers
- Use AC Outlets – Instead of charging through USB connections, use AC outlets for speedy recharge. While the charging time varies depending on the make and model, using a power outlet will significantly charge the battery in an hour or two.
- Do Not Wait for Full Discharge – Do not wait till the battery runs out completely before charging. This will affect the performance and longevity of lithium batteries. Put the speaker on charging when there is at least a 20% charge remaining.
- Quick-Charging Option – Use wireless and quick-charging options to quickly charge your speakers on the move. For instance, 9v chargers and power banks would come in handy to charge before full discharge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it OK to use JBL Speaker While Charging?
Yes, JBL speakers can be used while it is being charged. With that said, the battery recharges slowly when you use the speaker while it charges. Also, this may double the charging time for a JBL speaker.
How many hours does JBL charge?
The charging time varies depending on the model and size of the battery. Generally, the charging time for JBL speakers ranges from 2 to 8 hours.
How do you know when JBL Speaker is Fully Charged?
The number of lights on JBL speakers indicates the battery percentage. If all the lights are on, it means the battery is fully recharged and ready to use.
JBL speakers can only be used portably if they are fully recharged. Using the power outlet is a faster way to recharge the batteries of JBL speakers. Depending on the model, the charging time may take 2 to 8 hours.
Cian has 7 years of experience in the musical instruments industry. His press and research articles are published in many well-known journals. Cian is part of our product testing team so he knows the criteria for the best products. Here at sound keen cian covers how to set up instruments and selection criteria for new products.