If you are using iPhone’s factory speakers to listen to music, invest in a JBL speaker to take your experience to the next level. JBL speaker and an iPhone are a perfect match to produce a richer and louder sound.
Additionally, JBL speakers have a good reputation for durability, top-notch audio performance, and good battery life. Plus, they excel at maintaining good sound quality for larger audiences.
Besides better sound quality, connecting JBL speakers to iPhone has a lot of perks. Importantly, many models allow Siri integration, which is a major plus.
Fortunately, a user has to follow an easy process to connect both devices. Further, the connection process is nearly similar for all JBL speaker models.
How to Connect JBL Speaker to iPhone?
Both JBL speakers and iPhone can be connected via Bluetooth or wired connection. Most users prefer Bluetooth JBL speakers as they do not want to fiddle with wires for hours. Therefore, iPhone users prefer using Bluetooth or wireless technology for the connection.
Before setting up the connection, it is important to ensure that the JBL speaker is compatible with the iPhone.
Moreover, it is best to invest in the latest model that supports Siri integration. With this function, a user can easily play their favorite track and adjust the volume.
There are multiple ways to connect JBL speakers to the iPhone. First off, let’s explore how to connect the JBL speaker to iPhone via Bluetooth
Connecting JBL Speaker to iPhone via Bluetooth
Whether you own an old or a new model, the steps to connecting both devices remain the same when Bluetooth is involved. Follow the step-by-step guide to connecting a JBL speaker to an iPhone using Bluetooth.
1. Make Sure the Devices Are Placed Closely
Owing to the limited range of Bluetooth, both devices should be placed within a close distance.
It will ensure that both devices are within the Bluetooth range and ready for a connection. Both devices do not have to be connected to the same WiFi for pairing.
2. Turn on the JBL Speaker
For each speaker model, the power button may slightly be present in a different location.
After locating the power button, press and hold till the power icon lights up. The user may hear a quick tone once the speaker is powered on.
3. Enable Bluetooth on the JBL Speaker
Secondly, enable the speaker’s Bluetooth by locating and pressing the Bluetooth button.
The button usually has Bluetooth or the letter ‘B’ imprinted on it. It will start to flash and notify that the Bluetooth is turned on with a pairing tone.
Often, it requires the user to press and hold the button for at least 3 seconds to enter pairing mode.
4. Enable the iPhone’s Bluetooth
Once the speaker’s Bluetooth is enabled, it will start searching for the device to connect with.
A user has to go to the iPhone’s setting app to activate the Bluetooth option. Now, toggle on the Bluetooth option within the settings app.
Next, go to the Other Devices tab, here, you will find a list of devices available for pairing. Search for the speaker’s name and click on it.
4. Pair Both Devices
It does not take longer than a few seconds to pair. The speaker will notify that the connection is established with a tone.
If both devices do not connect, there is a possibility that the iPhone is already connected to another device. If so, disconnect it from the other device and try pairing it with the speaker again.
Connecting JBL Speakers to iPhone Using Aux Cable
If you own an old JBL speaker that does not support Bluetooth function, you can connect both devices using a wired connection.
For this purpose, you will need a 3.5mm audio cable. After purchasing it from Amazon or a local store, follow the given steps to connect iPhone to the JBL speaker
1. Locate Audio Ports on the JBL Speaker
Audio ports are usually available at the rear of the JBL speaker. Generally, you will find two ports at the back, one for the charger and the other one for inserting Aux.
2. Insert the Aux Cable
After locating the ports, insert one end of the 3.5mm audio cable into the JBL speaker. Similarly, the other end should be plugged into the headphone port on the iPhone.
3. Test Audio
Now that the aux cable is plugged in, test the audio by powering on the JBL speaker. Play an audio file or a song on the iPhone and check if the sound is produced by the speaker. If not, check if the cable is faulty or connections are loose.
Connecting Multiple Speakers to iPhone
Connect Communication Protocol is another bonus feature introduced by the brand to connect multiple devices simultaneously. Pairing multiple JBL speakers to iPhone for parties would result in a good sound system.
First of all, check the speakers you intend to connect to support the communication protocol. If yes, follow the step-by-step instructions
- Connect Both Devices via Bluetooth – Follow the same steps mentioned above to connect iPhone to the main JBL speaker. Test whether or not both devices are connected by playing a music file.
- Activate the Connect Communication Protocol on Main Speaker – Locate and press the connect button on the main JBL speaker, it is usually with an hourglass or infinity symbol.
- Follow the Same Process with the Secondary Speaker – Similarly, press the connect button on other speakers that you wish to connect to the main speaker. Wait a few seconds before testing the audio. If both devices are connected, the sound will be played through the connected speakers.
JBL Speaker Not Connecting to iPhone – How to Fix?
- Reset the JBL Speaker – The reset method varies slightly for each JBL model. Generally, it involves pressing and holding the volume up and Bluetooth button simultaneously until it is notified with a reset tone.
- Pairing Method – Make sure the Bluetooth function is enabled on both devices. Likewise, the iPhone and the JBL speaker should be in pairing mode.
- Clear the Existing Bluetooth Pairing List – First of all, restart the iPhone and visit the Bluetooth menu in the settings app. Here, find the JBL speaker you are trying to connect and tap on Forget. Now, repeat the process of connecting the iPhone to the JBL speaker using Bluetooth.
- Check Battery – Often, JBL speakers fail to connect to any device if the battery is low.
- Bluetooth Range – Make sure both devices are placed closely, approximately within 30 feet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I connect my JBL speakers to my iPhone?
There are a number of reasons that result in a failed connection. For instance, low battery, devices not within the Bluetooth range, or the speaker already paired with another Bluetooth device.
Can you use a JBL speaker with an iPhone?
Yes, in fact, it is quite easy to connect JBL speakers with an iPhone using Bluetooth. Many JBL speakers support Bluetooth and Siri integration to play music and make calls.
How do I connect two JBL speakers to an iPhone?
First off, connect the iPhone with the main JBL speaker using the Bluetooth method. Now, press the connect button on the main JBL speaker. Then, press the same button on the secondary speaker, it will take a few seconds for multiple speakers to connect to the iPhone.
Cian has 7 years of experience in the musical instruments industry. His press and research articles are published in many well-known journals. Cian is part of our product testing team so he knows the criteria for the best products. Here at sound keen cian covers how to set up instruments and selection criteria for new products.